The Garrity Group Public Relations (TGG), an award winning, full-service public relations firm focused on protecting and enhancing our client's reputation, is accepting resumes for a public relations Account Executive (AE) in our Albuquerque, New Mexico, office.
The AE serves many different roles from problem solving and strategic planning to tactical development and implementation. The position reports to the Director of Public Relations. We have a team environment that is collaborative in nature. If you thrive in a cubicle environment, congratulations, you will not like this job. We have fun clients that have a positive impact on our community. The successful candidate will be someone who is a self starter, strong writer and is confident (doesn’t second guess) about his/her work.
The Account Executive reports to the Director and/or Vice President with these responsibilities:
- Maintaining direct, day-to-day, client contact.
- Working in a proactive manner aimed at providing clients marketing plans with the greatest amount of value added through communications.
- Reviews all creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals before they are delivered to the client for approval.
- Provide client briefings and report to internal and external audiences (as needed).
- Analyzing client input, together with background knowledge to produce communication plans/strategy based on a four step approach of Research, Planning, Execution and Evaluation.
- Providing creative, production, media and PR personnel with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required.
- In the absence of creative personnel, presenting and selling communication plans, concepts and earned media plans to clients; support presentations of concepts and plans.
- Providing clients, staff and contractors with budgets and status updates.
- Coordinating project timing and budgets with all relevant TGG personnel.
- Assisting and approving information related to client invoices.
- Working with research personnel and other freelance resources.
- Reviewing copy, design, and production art, and coordinating client approval.
- Writing Client Meeting Reports, reviewing important developments with relevant team members.
- Prepare month-end overviews of client activities, and monthly revenue forecasts, plus plans for future development of accounts.
- Seeking out new business opportunities with existing clients and playing a supportive role in their development.
- Representing TGG at industry and networking functions — promoting TGG at every opportunity.
- Familiarity with the community, key opinion leaders (elected, media leaders) and events in New Mexico.
Bachelor's degree in Communications (or related field)
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications)
The candidate should have previous experience working on public relations accounts, familiarity with existing (print and electronic) media and emerging media channels (mobile, podcasting, social media/community, etc.) as well as excellent writing and oral communication skills.
This position is based in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The salary is commensurate with experience.
Experience: A minimum of two years' experience in similar capacity in a public relations/communications/marketing/media practice
Other: Fluent in the written and spoke Spanish language is preferred.
Health/dental/vision insurance available, Simple IRA with company contributions available, three weeks of personal time off plus major holidays are all available.
Email resume/salary history to email@example.com put "Albuquerque AE Search" in the subject line.
THE GARRITY GROUP IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.